Going to the cinema is a popular free time activity. Choosing one film to watch may be sometimes difficult if you like all kinds of films. In this mission, you will learn to talk about different types of films and will create and present a film billboard.
At the end of this section, you will have...
- Learnt and revised vocabulary on types of films.
- Listened to a conversation about going to the cinema.
- Performed a dialogue on going to the cinema.
- Designed and presented a film billboard.
The film industry offers new films every year to entertain the audience. Action, horror or romantic films, among other types, are regularly produced and showed at cinemas. With a classmate, comment on the type/-s of films that you both prefer and justify your choice.
Watch the video based on different film trailers and guess the types of films displayed. Get some help on the film genre site. To describe films, you can find useful information on the IELTSLIZ.com site
Leading activities: Going to the cinema
The activities presented below will help you acquire key vocabulary and useful language to perform successfully your first mission within this project. They are your first steps towards the final challenge of this project: the production and promotion of a short film.
- Activity 1: Identifying key vocabulary (Listening)
Listen to a conversation at the learnenglishteen.britishcouncil.org site and check your oral comprehension by answering the questions below.
- What type of film are they going to see?
- What is the film about?
- Activity 2: Going to the cinema (Roleplay)
Perform your own dialogue with a classmate about going to the cinema. On the bridge-online worksheet, you can find some useful language. To prepare the dialogue, you can choose film titles from the article about the top 25 films of all times.
Make sure you can use film-related vocabulary because you are going to need it in the mission you are about to start.
- Activity 3: Reinforcing your vocabulary (Poster creation)
Sign in at Canva and create a poster on one of your favourite films. Include the title, attractive images and a two-line plot summary Share your film poster with your classmates on Pinterest. Remember to attach a photo illustrating the film when you post it. Publish your poster on a page that you will entitle 'My digital Resources' in your Weebly site.
- Extra resources
- Talking about movies video
- Film-related vocabulary. Interactive activity I,Interactive activity II
- Film review-Useful language
A plot summary is a synopsis of a book, play or film's story.