At the end of this mission you should be able to:
- produce a video about your town/city.
- reflect on the good sides of the city/town.
We will work on speaking and writing skills.
This mission will take us four lessons, so you can work calmly but please do not stop focusing on your final aim: creating a video clip about your city/town.
You will work in teams of four. To make it easier you have to follow the steps below:
- Let’s take all the relevant aspects of your writings and decide what 10 you are going to record about.
- Write a storyboard for you video. You may use an online tool such as StoryboardThat to design it. The storyboard should have:
- Beginning: How to start, title, images, etc.
- Development: What is going on in the video? How are you going to show these ten aspects? What are you going to say?
- End: Search for a slogan to promote your city.
- Your teacher will check if the storyboard is correct.
- Start recording the video. Each student will be responsible for their own role: cameraman, speaker, actors, film editor.
You can use the online tool WeVideo to create, edit and publish your final outcome.
When you finish with it, you can upload it to Youtube. If choose this option, your teacher will create a channel for your project and every clip will be gathered and shown there. Each team should write a little introduction of the video to publish it on the channel.
The 'Rubric to assess a video assignment' will help you know how to do a great job.
When you finish and upload your video, it is time to create a post in your blog. Describe the work you have done and embed the video. The link to the classroom's channel must be part of the post too. Don't forget the tag "Project my town".
If you want, your teacher can disseminate your post using the classroom Twitter account. To do so, you have to write down the tweet for the him/her. Remember:
- You can use up to 280 characters.
- Include the link to your post.
- Use the hashtag of the project: #EDIAmytown
The 'Rubric to assess a tweet' will help you know how to do a great job.